3 Signs It’s Time To ‘Go Pro’ With Sign Permitting Service In Carrollton, Texas
Sign permitting services not only simplify Carrollton’s sign code quagmire, but also protect your business from major liabilities, municipal ordinance penalties, and costly timesinks!
Read on to learn when to book professional sign permitting services, or call (972)-428-3200 to speak directly with a sign permitting specialist in Carrollton, TX.
When Should I Book Sign Permitting Services?
1. You’re Buying Your First Business Sign
Congratulations! Buying a professional sign is a surefire way to take your business to the next level, making it easier to build a trusted reputation and secure a business loan, and studies have shown that even a single business sign can boost sales by upwards of 10%.
But be forewarned: along with all of these great benefits, business signs bring new responsibilities, too.
As per the City of Carrollton’s sign code, all business signs, except for a small list of exemptions, must comply with municipal standards for business sign design, installation, maintenance, and illumination, under penalty of:
- Administrative fines
- Court citations
- Inspection/re-inspection/special inspection fees, defined in Section 10.99 of the Carrollton Code of Ordinances
- Removal fee
- Redesign/reinstallation fee
To help you understand your new responsibilities, and simplify the whole permitting process, should your sign require a permit, get in touch with our sign permitting service in Carrollton, TX. Every consultation is free, and we’ll be able to tell you right away whether your project requires a permit.
2. You’re Experimenting With New Signs Or Designs
While we always encourage outside-the-box sign design, make sure you consult with a professional sign permitting service before you buy something that might be prohibited!
For instance, the following sign types and designs are not allowed in Carrollton, Texas:
- Any sign containing or displaying any obscene material
- Window signs, including painted window signs, except those expressly allowed in the City of Carrollton sign ordinance
- Off-premise signs, except those allowed by Carrollton City Code 92.32
- Any sign or materials placed on or suspended from buildings, poles, sidewalks, and vehicles
- Any banner, flag, or other sign type that creates “litter or a public nuisance”
- Any sign, painting, stenciling, or writing on sidewalks, curbs, street, service poles, or other public structures
- Any of the illuminated sign types listed in Section 151.30-32
- Any sign erected on a vertical framework supported entirely by the roof of a building
- V-shaped signs, skid signs, sail or feathered signs
- Signs leaning against windows
- Can/box signs
- Pan signs
- Signs painted directly on the faces of buildings, and more
A quick phone call with our sign permitting specialists could save you lots of time, money, and stress!
3. You’re Upgrading To An Illuminated Sign
Illuminated signs are powerful promotional tools that make it easy to stand out among Carrollton’s crowded signscape, but with great power comes great responsibility!
As per Carrollton’s sign code, illuminated signs cannot be:
- Too bright
- Changing colors
- Erected within 150 feet of a residential district
Additionally, any exposed neon lighting must be reviewed and approved on an individual basis as part of the Development Plan approval.
For best results and full protection from sign code penalties, get in touch with our sign permitting service—every consultation is free!
Sign Permitting Service In Carrollton, TX: Call (972)-428-3200
To get a free quote on sign permitting services, call (972)-428-3200 or visit the SignCraft and Graphics website.Back