Custom Vinyl Lettering Guide: Getting The F.A.Q Straight
Read on to get the FAQ straight or call 972-428-3200 to start a free custom vinyl lettering consultation with our experts in Carrollton, Texas.
1. How Long Do Custom Window Lettering Orders Take?
Most projects are finished a few days after the order is placed.
2. Do I Need A Background For My Custom Vinyl Lettering?
No. Most custom vinyl lettering is applied directly to the substrate using a layer of application tape to hold everything in place. While you always have the option of adding a background to crank up the contrast, you don’t need one, so you’ll never have to worry about blocking the view in or out of your storefront’s glass doors or windows.
3. Can I Customize My Vinyl Lettering?
Yes! In fact, at SignCraft and Graphics, your custom vinyl lettering design is only limited by your imagination. We can reproduce and color-match existing brand materials, build off of your vector artwork, or create eye-catching designs from scratch.
But don’t take our word for it —check out these recent results on a custom vinyl lettering order for a client in Prosper, Texas:
Choose any font or graphics for your custom vinyl lettering design
Which Grade Of Vinyl Should I Choose For My Custom Vinyl Lettering?
When most sign shop owners discuss different grades of vinyl, what they’re really talking about is outdoor durability. The higher the grade, the longer your custom vinyl lettering will last, so choose accordingly.
There are three basic grades of commercial vinyl to choose from:
- Economy—Economy grade vinyl is extremely affordable and typically rated to last up to 3 years outdoors, but it’s prone to expansion/contraction in extreme temperatures, which may cause shrinking or cracking. Economy grade custom vinyl lettering is ideal for buyers seeking temporary and budget-friendly solutions.
- Standard—Standard grade custom vinyl lettering is rated to last up to 5 years outdoors, and it is resistant to both expansion/contraction and fading. Standard custom vinyl lettering is one of the most popular options for glass doors and storefront window lettering.
- Premium—Premium grade custom vinyl lettering is made using the best materials that the sign industry has to offer, with superior adhesion properties and UV-stable colors that stay true and vibrant, lasting up to 9 years outdoors. Premium custom vinyl lettering is the most popular option for vehicles. Specialty premium grade vinyl, such as marine grade, lighted sign grade (translucent), and reflective grade, are also available upon request.
Since each grade has its own strengths and weaknesses, it’s important to take a needs-based approach. Consider your local weather conditions, how long you intend to use your custom vinyl lettering, and how much you want to pay. If you need more help determining the best grade for your needs, contact SignCraft and Graphics for a free consultation.
Free Quote On Custom Vinyl Lettering In Carrollton, TX
Call 972-428-3200 or visit the SignCraft and Graphics website to book a free consultation and get a same-day quote on any custom vinyl lettering order.Back