Research Review: Retail Signs Boost Sales, Dwell Time, And Traffic Flow
Today’s post reviews findings from two major retail sign studies to highlight the promotional power of on-premise advertisements and point-of-purchase displays. Read on to learn how retail signs make Carrollton businesses money, or call (972)-428-3200 to start a free consultation with retail sign makers near you.
Research Review: The Power Of Retail Signs In Carrollton, TX
In a seminal study by the Signage Foundation, titled “The Economic Value of On-Premise Signage,” researchers sought to measure the impact of retail signs on business success. After adding retail signs at more than 160 fast food chain locations, a national home decor retailer, and auto dealers in a major metropolitan city, the research team concluded that:
- One additional retail sign yielded sales increases of at least 4.75%—In some cases, sales increases exceeded 15%. This meant that retail signs had a greater impact on sales than location size, duration of business hours, and longevity at the location,
- Customers rely on retail signs to find your store—In all, more than two-thirds (68%) of those surveyed stated that retail signs “had been an important factor” for locating retailers, while 21% of respondents said they had abandoned plans to purchase from stores they could not find due to a lack of retail signage.
Reporting similar findings, a 2014 report published in Review of Marketing Research: Shopper Marketing and the Role of In-Store Marketing found that:
- Retail signs increase customer dwell time, which is believed to be a measure of customer engagement and intrigue, and is positively correlated with in-store sales.
- Retail signs promote increased spending, with data from 62,037 shoppers indicating that “sales increased in stores in which retail signs featured informational content.”
- Retail signs drive foot traffic towards your products, with one study showing that floor-mounted retail signs entice customers to explore marked aisles and consider the “focal display.”
How To Order Custom Retail Signs: Get A Free Quote In Carrollton, TX
If you’re looking to boost sales, customer dwell time, and traffic flow with a new set of custom retail signs, SignCraft and Graphics is here to help!
We carry all of the most popular retail signs types, including:
- Awning signs
- Monument signs
- Pole signs
- Pylon signs
- Storefront signs
- Promotional signs
- Point-of-sale signs
- Floor graphics
- Open/Closed signs
- Window and wall graphics
- Banners, and much more!
No matter what you choose, your retail sign order is always 100% customizable—choose any size, shape, color, cut, or material, and we’ll bring your vision to life. If you’re looking for inspiration, be sure to stop by our online Gallery to get an idea of what’s possible when you work with our retail sign specialists.
To get started with your retail sign design and get a free quote on the finished product, you can:
- Call (972)-428-3200
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with us on Facebook
- Fill out our online contact form
- Submit your artwork and dive straight into the design process
Ellis, S., Johnson, R., & Murphy, R. (2012). The economic value of on-premise signage. The Signage Foundation, Inc.
Nordfält, J., Grewal, D., Roggeveen, A. L., & Hill, K. M. (2014). Insights from in-store marketing experiments. In Shopper marketing and the role of in-store marketing. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.Back